Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Sidewalk Paint

Today I made Reagan some sidewalk paint. It's so easy to make and will keep kids busy for a long time.
I started out with 2 tablespoons of corn starch, added about a tsp. of water and mixed it together. I didn't like the consistency so I added more water a few drops at a time until I got what I though was a good mix. I then added a few drops of food coloring and we had sidewalk paint!

This is what it looks like wet.

And here it is dry. Looks just like chalk!

Reagan loved it. She didn't want to come inside but it started to get cold so...

I dumped the rest out. See how pretty! She wasn't real happy with me but I'm sure we'll be making more soon.

Now..I have been busy trying to get things made for Christmas. Is anyone else doing a HomeMade Christmas? I'd love some ideas. I'm having a tough time coming up with something to make for my 8 year old son. There doesn't seem to be a lot out there in blogland for boys. So if anyone has any suggestions I'd be thrilled! Just leave me a comment.

1 comment:

JF Student Music said...

This was aa lovely blog post

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails